Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Blogiversary!

I can't believe I've been doing this blog for a year. Granted, I haven't posted anything substantial for a few months, but I know you've all been waiting with bated breath, which still qualifies this blog as active, right?

Honestly, I wasn't sure I would keep up with this whole blogging thing when I started it back in May of 2008 so the fact that I made it almost a year before tiring of it amazes me. Greg even made a few cameos here and there, totally upstaging me. Sometimes I wish he'd just take over. But then what about all the cute pictures? {Of which there will be more to come - thanks to Deb at Funny Face}

I suppose it would serve me well to use this post as an opportunity to catch the blog world up on what's been going on in our lives. Then maybe I'll be motivated to keep up with it.

Psych!

{When was the last time you heard THAT!?}

Greg has been working with Turning Leaf Wellness Center as the Director of Marketing since around February in addition to working at University of Phoenix. It has kept him so busy that we never get to see him anymore. :O(

I'm pretty much the same. I still teach Bradley classes to the cutest pregnant couples in St. George, but I moved my classes to Blackridge Chiropractic instead of teaching at home. It's been a bit of an adjustment {no pun intended!} but now my kids aren't such a distraction during relaxation practice! I'm also doing classes at University of Phoenix toward a bachelor degree in psychology. If everything goes according to plan, I'll be able to analyze the crap out of anyone in September of 2010!



The kids are all doing great. Hannah and Hailey love the 1st grade and even have their first spelling bee coming up next week. {I'm considering making them watch this so they really understand the gravity of this momentous occasion - their very first spelling bee.}



What?...I like spelling.



C.J.'s rockin' kindergarten and loves to read. Speaking of reading, Anthony, Jamie and Chuck started Your Baby Can Read about a month ago and they're loving it! Anthony and Jamie can both read about 25 words already and we just started the next volume this week which will add another 25-30 words. I'm glad the older two have been doing the program as well because I'm not sure the level of dedication would be the same on my part if Chuck were my only pupil. The results are more difficult to see with a baby but I know with consistency he'll be reading even better than the other two! {And possibly everyone in the family!}



Chuck is sitting up without assistance now and can officially defend himself with his teeth. {Just ask C.J. and Anthony - they keep sticking their fingers in his mouth to find out.} We just got 6 month pictures done last week {even though he's 7 months today} along with an updated family picture. I can't wait to share the cuteness that is my family!



Ok...enough rambling from me. I've asked Greg to post a little something too in order to satiate the appetite of those with a hunger for more witty and elaborate readings.



Indulge.

No comments: