Monday, February 15, 2010

Dentists and Death

We're headed down to Las Vegas tomorrow morning for a funeral. Crappy, I know. But funerals are slightly better when they're attended by a family member who is pretty famous. I don't want to name drop or anything, but Greg's first cousin once-removed {his cousin's son} sings this song and this one too. Think I should ask for an autograph and a picture while he's grieving the passing of his mother? Yeah, me neither. {Although I'm sure some idiots will!} I just hope it doesn't turn into a publicity/press fiasco with people crawling the walls trying to get a glimpse, you know? At least I've got a good excuse; we're family. :O) I just hope there are funeral potatoes.

Brandon's mother had a brain tumor for years and was not expected to hold on this long. I only met her a handful of times, but Greg always spoke very highly of her. Funerals are sad but at least I know she's in a better place. I am so thankful for my beliefs about the after life and to know that she is doing good on the other side.

I also have dental work that needs to be done on Wednesday so we decided to just stay the night rather than make two trips. Ugh...a funeral and dental work. What a crappy couple of days.

Blah. What a crappy post. See why I don't blog more?

3 comments:

Celeste Dodge said...

I had no idea!! I have a little bit of a crush on Brandon.

Hayley Winslow said...

Whatever....not crappy. It's life. It's what connects people to each other. Keep writing. I'll read.

Jennifer B said...

Glad that things went well & you got to enjoy the time with family. =)